The Guide To Funniness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disenchanted

5 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Disenchanted Empty Disenchanted

Post  Colonel Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:50 pm

Indebted to the underground heart-dealer Kai, Scott and his mother are forced to sell one of their hearts. In an act of unusual selflessness, Scott sells his own to help his mother, but he must live heartless until the one who is meant to buy his heart does so. Ethan, the potion's master, doesn't think he needs anyone, but while researching he comes across a heart-dealer and falls into the adventure of a lifetime. Meanwhile, eccentric inventor Valerie tries to capture the attention of journalist Tara after she writes an article on her work, and Neely struggles to keep his magical creature store out of disaster and chaos. And Parker, and the others do stuff.

(Summary by Fullmetal.)

Steampunk!AU. Please keep that in mind.
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Disenchanted Empty Re: Disenchanted

Post  Fullmetal tr Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:52 pm

((So I'll start it?))

Ethan inspected two vials carefully, holding them up to the light to better see the contents. To any passerby they would appear the same, but Ethan was specially trained from the age of nine how to handle potions, and he soon distinguished the two, adding one to his large cauldron and placing the other back on his shelf.
Fullmetal tr
Fullmetal tr
Admin

https://guidetofunniness.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shu Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:58 pm

Caleb stood closely by his mentor, carefully scrutinizing each of his actions and committing them to memory. "Is there anything I'd be able to help with?" he asked.
Shu
Shu

Back to top Go down

Post  Fullmetal tr Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:00 am

Ethan considered for a moment, then said, "IF you could get some more firewood--I think there's some left in the back room--and then man the front desk for a while. We're running low on the memory potions, maybe we can work on those in an hour or so?" he checked the color of the potion for a moment, then said, "Perhaps an hour and a half, this needs to simmer."
Fullmetal tr
Fullmetal tr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shu Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:05 am

"Yes, sir," Caleb replied instantly, nodding sincerely, "but it seems like a slow kind of day... I'm not sure how many people are going to come in. Oh, and if you don't mind me asking, what were you just working on?" He gestured to the large cauldron.
Shu
Shu

Back to top Go down

Post  Fullmetal tr Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:09 am

"It's a theory," Ethan began, pausing his words to stir slightly, then inspect the faint glimmer of steam before continuing, "It's sort of a love potion, but not the usual type. I did some reading on heart-dealing, and this will hopefully create a sort of love potion, but less of an obsession like in most, and more of a pure kind of love. But I have to be very careful, this is experimental." he took a vial of mercury off his shelf, but replaced it a moment later with a shake of his head.
Fullmetal tr
Fullmetal tr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chibitan Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:25 pm

Neely was fussing around in the shed while his apprentice, Maria, was annoyedly cleaning the peonix cages. "Maria, I can't find anything!" he shouted through the opened back door of the shop.

"I was under the impression I was an apprentice, not a cleaning service." She rolled her eyes to herself, but put on a polite tone.

"Well, that comes with the job, I'm not paying you to stand around."

"You aren't paying me at all." She huffed and then went to look for whatever it was he wanted.
Chibitan
Chibitan

Back to top Go down

Post  Shu Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:52 pm

"Interesting, though isn't heart-dealing pretty much illegal?" Caleb asked. "You know what, forget I asked. I don't mean to keep questioning you. I'll just go man the front desk."

((Sorry. Danny forgot to do one of his online assignments, and stole my laptop. And then never gave it back.))
Shu
Shu

Back to top Go down

Post  Fullmetal tr Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:19 pm

"Details, details," Ethan said with a distracted wave of his hand, now watching the potion carefully, "Oh, and can you just write down somewhere that we need more Eye of Newt? We've been running low for a few days now."
Fullmetal tr
Fullmetal tr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chibitan Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:22 pm

"Found it!" Neely announced, beginning to toss sandbags full of what looked like chicken feed out of the shed.

"Dragon feeding day!" Maria shuddered at his exclamation.

"Maria, I need you to go to Ethan's apothecary and get the stuff on the list I gave you," Neely said, motioning with his head down the road.

"Yessir," Maria said, she didn't want to be anywhere near the shop when the dragons were being fed. With that, she turned and jogged around the side of the shop, list in hand.
Chibitan
Chibitan

Back to top Go down

Post  Shu Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:29 pm

"Eye of Newt? Yeah, sure, that'll be no problem. I'll run out and get it later, though," Caleb responded. He turned, walking away, and began his post at the front desk.
Shu
Shu

Back to top Go down

Post  Chibitan Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:33 pm

Maria stopped and walked into the shop. When she was little, she had been creeped out by the apothecary, because it was dark, but as she was now 17, she liked the calmness of it. She stood at the door and waited for her eyes to adjust so she wouldn't look clumsy and stumble into something.

((Hey, Fullmetal, you know what we were talking about today, with Maria? I got an idea.))
Chibitan
Chibitan

Back to top Go down

Post  Fullmetal tr Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:40 pm

((No, I don't remember. :/))

Ethan nodded, humming to himself, and stirred the solution carefully.

Tara dipped her quill into her signature green ink, tapping the feather against her chin thoughtfully. Her publisher wanted one more news article before she was allowed to go explore or write articles on things that were actually interesting. However, that doesn't mean that she can't prepare for her article, she reasoned. She spent about ten minutes writing about a riot that had broken out the other day, then picked up a curious new invention that she had picked up from one of her favorite places--Valerie's workshop. The invention--a camera, Valerie had called it--could take pictures, much like a painting, but capture a single moment. Tara wanted to go test it out. Without further ado, she left her article on her publisher's desk and walked out of her office, skirts swishing behind her.
Fullmetal tr
Fullmetal tr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chibitan Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:42 pm

((remember, you said that Tara and her would be frieds, so val would get jealous or whatever, I was thinking what if it turned out Maria was her cousin or something to add the awkwardness.))
Chibitan
Chibitan

Back to top Go down

Post  Shu Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:44 pm

((... I'd kind of like to know who Maria is xD))
Shu
Shu

Back to top Go down

Post  Chibitan Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:48 pm

((Maria is Neely's apprentice, because of certain plans I have.))

Maria got her bearings and went to the desk. "G'afternoon, Caleb," she said happily. "I need some stuff for the boss."
Chibitan
Chibitan

Back to top Go down

Post  Shu Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:54 pm

"And a good afternoon to you too, Maria," Caleb greeted her with a smile. "What do you need? Ethan's in the back if you need him."
Shu
Shu

Back to top Go down

Post  Chibitan Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:59 pm

"Just this, the normal stuff, you know." she said, handing the list over. She leaned on the counter, and asked, "Is Ethan as much of a pain as Neely?" She had always like the magical creatures, but her boss was not favorable. She wouldn't mind him if he would stop assuming she was a maid or something.
Chibitan
Chibitan

Back to top Go down

Post  Shu Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:02 pm

"No, no, Ethan's not a pain," Caleb said, shaking his head. "I like him. Besides, he's possibly the best mentor anyone could get, so... I have no complaints. And I'm sure Neely isn't all that bad."
Shu
Shu

Back to top Go down

Post  Chibitan Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:07 pm

"I've cleaned about fifty cages this week and gotten about five lessons," she said dryly. "Anyway, what's that smell? It smells like roses in here." She peered towards the back room.
Chibitan
Chibitan

Back to top Go down

Post  Shu Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:10 pm

"He's messing around with love potions," Caleb answered. "That, and something about heart-dealing, I believe. He said it's just experimental, so I'm not questioning it. I don't feel like being the moral police."
Shu
Shu

Back to top Go down

Post  Chibitan Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:16 pm

"Oh, yeah, my cousin used to get in to heart dealing. Now, he's doing five to ten in prison," she said, laughing a bit.
Chibitan
Chibitan

Back to top Go down

Post  Shu Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:17 pm

"Fun," Caleb deadpanned. "Yeah, it's pretty illegal."
Shu
Shu

Back to top Go down

Post  Fullmetal tr Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:18 pm

((Oh yeah, those plans. Sorry, there's an eyelash in my eye and I can't concentrate.))
Fullmetal tr
Fullmetal tr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Colonel Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:24 pm

((How is that eyelash, Fullmetal?))
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down